Monday, July 8, 2013

Temples Are Beautiful

I remember when I was living in Iowa with my three best friends.  Amber, Mich and Sheb.  We would talk about our futures sometimes, and we always talked about when we would get married.  We always bet on Amber or I getting married first, but we always joked that because I didn't know a whole lot about the church that they all had to get married first so they could help me out when it was my chance to go through the temple.  Well, little did we all know that I would be the first to get married.  Everything worked out with the temple.  My amazing sister, Nikki helped me every step of the way.  I was sad that hardly any of my friends could be in the temple with me the day of my sealing, but I looked at it in a new light in knowing that I would be able to be there for them.  Although, it wasn't what we had all "planned", I'm excited to know that I get to be there for them.

Without the example of family members and of course my friends, I don't know if I would have chose to be sealed for time and all eternity to my future husband.  It had never crossed my mind growing up.  As I learned more about the church, I realized how important it was.  My life was changed the day I decided to devote everything I could to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I can honestly say that Amber was one of my friends that showed constant support toward me.  She answered questions I had about the church, and she was always the example I needed.  We were the best of friends during our whole senior year, and had the opportunity of playing college soccer together in Iowa.  She constantly showed me how being a member of the church brings true happiness and joy.  My life is forever changed due to her example to me.  Whether me and Amber we supposed to be just friends or if she was in my life for a purpose, I'm forever grateful.

When I learned that Amber was engaged, I was ecstatic.  Not only to have more friends that would be married, but to be able to share all the special moments with her during her engagement and wedding day.  She invited me to be there with her as she went through the temple for the first time to receive her endowment.  I felt honored to be there, and couldn't help but be overwhelmed with feelings of gratitude toward her.  The temple is such a sacred and beautiful place, and I am so happy that both of us have lived our lives in a way that we are worthy to be in our Lord's temples.  

Brad and I were happy to be there with her.  We were able to hang out with her for a little bit, but had to get to my parents house right after so we weren't able to get pictures with Amber.  I walked out at the same time miss Mia was coming out, so these are the pictures I've got.  Wish I would have had the time to hurry and get one with Amber, but hopefully will be able to on her Big Day!! :)

I am so happy for you Amber!  Thanks for letting me be apart of this special time in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment