Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Small Get-A-Way

A couple days before June 12, one of my soccer coaches from back in the day posted on her facebook wall that she had two tickets to the Real Salt Lake game for June 12.  I looked up the day on my calendar of craziness (I'm ending school at this time) and saw that on June 13 I was taking my last and final test for school called the ATI (it's a predictor exam for how well you'll do on the NCLEX, and we were required to get greater than a 94% probability).  I have been told that for big tests, such as the ATI, having a day of fun the day before helps to relax the brain to be better prepared for the test.  I decided well...lets do it.  So Brad and I claimed those tickets and made a whole day out of it.  I was a little nervous because I still felt like I should maybe study a little bit, so I did a little on the drive up there.
We got our Pass of All Passes finally so we thought it would be perfect to go to Seven Peaks then go to the game.  It was such a fun day.  I was able to relax and just be with my babe.
When ever I pull out my camera and say, "Hey babe! Smile for me!" this is the face I get about 99% of the time.

When we were done at Seven Peaks we were starving so we headed to Crown Burger to feast.  Our food was gone so fast, and then we were realllly full.  Happens everytime you're starvin' right? ;)  Then, our little nephew Porter was at Primary Children's for a few problems he was having with his belly so Brad and I went and visited him.  We ran into Porter and Nikki as they were walking down to the playroom, and Porter was crouched over with so much pain on his face.  I remember thinking how much I wanted to take the place of him right then so he didn't have to be in the pain he was in.  Brad, however, didn't just think like me, but he acted upon it.  The second we got to the playroom Brad was playing foosball with Porter and that pain had almost instantly gone away.  Porter's little giggle was just what I wanted to hear.  Whether it was distraction, coincidence, or just the way Brad is with his nephew it didn't matter; Porter was happy and pain free.  He was able to go home later that day.

We left from Primary's and went straight to the Real game.  Kami, my soccer coach, has season tickets with her husband Neil and they had awesome seats that were right at the half line.  Brad and I had so much fun at the game!  It even went into over time with Real winning!  




Just so everyone knows, we made it back at a pretty decent time.  I was able to get some good sleep for my test the night before, and I passed it with a 99% probability.  I guess playing hard the whole day before is the key! 
Love my husband and all the fun things we are so fortunate enough to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment