Saturday, July 6, 2013

I Did It!!


June 20, 2013
I graduated from my LPN program at Bridgerland Applied Technology College.
Before even starting almost a year ago, people told me that it was going to be challenging.  For most people that know me, you know that school has always kind of been a breeze for me.  But as I started this program I was extremely intimidated.  I was still confident with the mindset that this was still going to be easy for me, hoping that it really would.  Boy was I humbled.  Nursing school is hard!  Not only the material being taught, but the time that is necessary to do well is beyond what I had ever been used to.  I studied more than I ever had in my whole life.  My social life...lets just say was absent.  When most of my friends would hang out during the week, I was obligated to be in bed to be to clinical the next morning by 4:45 am; when everyone was still enjoying their summer, I was beginning school a whole month before...and then I was of course finishing a whole month a half behind everyone else as well.  I was always dragging my sweet husband with me, too!  He suffered from nursing school just as much as I did!  I don't know if I would have been able to do it without him!  It was difficult to put my priorities first, but I did and it paid off, and now I feel amazing.
I survived!

Through all the hard work, sleepless nights before tests and clinicals, hours and hours of homework, tears, hopelessness, and of course laughter... I made it!  I didn't just graduate as an LPN, but I graduated top in my class with the Academic Excellence Award.  Ask me if I knew about it prior?  NO!  I was in complete shock when my name was announced during graduation.  I knew I did well, but I didn't realize I was doing the best.  I don't mean to brag, but I feel really good about it!  I worked hard, and you know what?  I deserve it, so I'm gonna brag all I want ;)

Angela awarding me with the Academic Excellence Award
My mom was able to "pin" me since she is a nurse.  Either you have the teachers pin you or someone you know that is a nurse.  I was ecstatic when I learned that my mom would be able to pin me.  She is the greatest example of a nurse, and I would be lucky to be anything like her as a nurse!  We are talking/laughing in the picture so you can't really see us very good, but I still loved it!
After receiving my pin (top left of my chest)
As nurses, we strive to be like Florence Nightingale who is an "idol" in nursing.  She was a nurse during the Crimean War who had to carry lamps around while caring for patients.  It is now tradition to do a "lighting ceremony" with a pledge upon completing the program.

I serioulsy wouldn't have survived without these three girls.  They were pretty much like family during the last year, and will forever be grateful for them.  We spent more time with our classmates than we did with our own families and these girls were my constant support.  Not a day went by that we didn't laugh.  I think that is what helped us survive!
Love you Shalese, Kennie and Kaitlyn!

The rest of the pictures are after graduation, and everyone who was there to support me!  I have one amazing family with massive amounts of constant love and support!

Brad, me and Curt my loving father-in-law
Brad got me the beautiful roses!
Miss LW.  My grandpa's girlfriend who I love so much!  She's always there to support me in everything!
Braxton, me and Jshy!
My little "big" brother.  Love him so much!
My parents, and me holding all my stuff! haha
My boys!
Grandma and JC...they never miss anything of mine!  Always been there for me!
My sweet momma!  She's my number one example, and I try to be just like her everyday!  I love you Mom!
Grandma, mom and me
My family!
This is Lisa Moon, the director of the program.  She is so smart, and I loved being in her program!
Everyone!
Me and my number one supporter with the beautiful roses he got me!  He's amazing to say the least.
Thanks for your constant support babe!  I love you!
My roses and my plaque with my award on it!
First picture taken on my new iPhone
After graduation we went to firehouse to eat with everyone.  We wanted to go somewhere so that we could all watch the final NBA game against the Heat and the Spurs.  I've told you how great my family is right?  Well, for graduation my parents got me the new iPhone 5!  I was so excited!  This is my first smart phone I have ever had!  I couldn't believe that they got it for me!  Then, my grandma got me a gift card to Serendipity to get new make up, which was perfect because I was running out!  My aunt Krissy (she wasn't there, but later gave me a gift still, she's so sweet) got me the cutest swimsuit cover up with new flip flops!  I was beyond grateful for their love and support, and to give me gifts was more than I had expected!  So thank you everyone!  I am so grateful that you all helped me get to where I am now!
What a blessed life I have!  



On July 2, 2013 I took my nursing state boards which is called the NCLEX.  I was really nervous because I did that thing again where I just played the whole day before!  I went to Seven Peaks with my sister and my nephews and Brad.  
It must have worked for me though because I PASSED!!!  I am officially an LPN!


The rest is just pictures of my class!  Memories that I never want to relive, but never want to forget!  So grateful for the class that I was able to be apart of!



I think we were all getting ready to jump! haha




 Congrats to everyone in my class!  We did it!
It wasn't easy, but it was definitely worth it!




No comments:

Post a Comment