Thursday, June 6, 2013

Caribbean Cruise ☼ ✌ March 2-9

WARNING
This post will be very long and may have content that will bring upon extreme jealousy to others.
Read at your own risk. ;)  

March 2-9 my family had the amazing opportunity to cruise through the Caribbean.  We had been planning this trip for one year, and it could not have taken any longer to get here, and of course as soon as it came it went by faster than I could think.  We had the best time with the ones we love.
We had about 30 of us, and yes we had to rent our own bus just to get from our hotel to the ship
yay...we all look so excited
It was a little windy and maybe a little chilly for Florida, but considering that we just came from below freezing weather...we were pretty stoked on life.  (This was the time in March when everyone in Cache Valley froze from record breaking weather...I wasn't too sad that we missed out on that).  We knew it could only get better as we headed south.  This is our lovely picture as we were departing from Florida.  We even got to see some dolphins swim next to us; something I had never seen :)

Dad and Big Dave...who can make the tallest ice cream cone...we got ALOT of practice :)
The girlies at the late night comedian!
COZUMEL, MEXICO
A group of us really wanted to go snorkeling so my dad researched a little and had heard a lot of good things about the Money Bar Beach.  It had a nice little beach and we got to do quite a bit of snorkeling!  It was so much fun!

Me and my parents at the Money Bar Beach
Me and my cute hubby!  I love him.
The boys all set to go snorkeling
Me and my beautiful Momma!
Had to put this picture on of my cousin Katie!  She is so darn cute!
Brad, Dad and me and all the fishies!
After snorkeling my mom and I found some hammocks to lay in 
On our way back to the ship we ran in to Grandma and JC :)
We also ran into a Zonkey

That night on the ship we went to a dance party!
dancing!
BELIZE
We had an amazing time in Belize.  We had the opportunity to go zip lining and cave tubing all in one day.  It made for a busy day...especially with a group as big as ours.  With a family like mine though, it's always gonna be a good time!
About half of us that went on the excursion.  Waitin for our bus.
Once again, we needed our own bus just for our whole family to fit.  This is everyone who came with us! 
Dave drives all sorts of big vehicles.  When we stopped for a pee break he got in the drivers seat and started driving away like a joke...our tour guides thought it was so funny and they told him that he was welcome to drive to our destination.  We all thought it was so funny!  The roads are pretty crazy there too! 
We did zip lining first! We're all geared up!
I was the first to go and it was sooooooo fun!!!
Me and my boys!

Next, we did the cave tubing!  We heard a lot of good things about it so we were stoked about going.  We had to hike quite a ways, but it was well worth it!  We had some awesome tour guides too!
Joshy and momma! 
Me and Bradley 
Goin' into the cave!  We had three long trains and followed each other through the whole thing!  We had to wear head lights because it was pitch black by the time you got deep enough in there! 
Comin out of the cave!
After the cave tubing our tour guides took us to a cute little place to have lunch!  It was pretty yummy.  We headed back to our cruise ship after, and on the way they drove us through a town in Belize.  I was amazed at how people live there.  It was so sad and I was immediately humbled.

ROATAN, HONDURAS
This was my most favorite port I have ever been to on any of my cruises!  Not only is it the most gorgeous place I think I've ever seen, but I got to hold monkeys there so it just topped it all off!  My dad had heard that there was a really good beach for snorkeling here, but it was about 45 minutes away.  So we found someone that would drive us there, and he showed us so many cool places!  It was so fun!
A picture my mom took from our cruise ship the morning we ported in Roatan.
getting off the ship!
First place we stopped on our little road trip to the beach!
It was so pretty! The pictures don't do it justice
Laura was first to hold the monkeys!!
They were so cute!!  They're my favorite animal so I was beyond excited to hold them!
My mom is adorable 
The beautiful beach we spent the day at!
Ready to snorkel!
Father
Bradley
Joshy
This picture made me laugh haha
A school of fish! 
After snorkeling we all got massages on the beach!  $15 for 45 minutes...I'd say that's a pretty good deal.
 

Me and my beautiful Momma
COSTA MAYA, MEXICO
We didn't have much planned for this day.  We got off the cruise ship and just walked around the port a little bit and then we walked down a beach.  It was kind of weird because there wasn't even really a town there...it was just all trees from what I could tell.  It was mostly just a few shops right where you get off the ship and that's it!
Just shoppin at the little market there
cute bum ;)
the only thing we didn't get to do that we had wanted to was go see some mayan ruins.  This was as close as we got (it's a fake one, but hey it works :))
The beach!
My cute parents!
The boys 
The boardwalk 
Interesting? 


We got tired from walking
Our cruise ship
My favorite picture!
Hot tub on our ship
 After Costa Maya we came back to the ship and just hung out in the sun a little more, then me, Brad and my parents hung out in the hot tub till the sun went down.  That night we had formal night in the dining room, so we took some time getting ready, ate din din and went to a fun show!  It was fun, but sad because we had one last day at sea and then it was over :(
Our dinner table! 
Our awesome waiter!  He was so funny!
Me and my cute hubby
 The last day of our cruise was at sea!  We did a whole lot of nothing and it was awesome!  We laid in the sun, ate a lot of food, took many naps, and played a little bit of soccer!  It was the perfect day to end our cruise!
Brad and I were on the same team for a soccer tourny and our team won!  it was so fun!
Last dinner with all the girls! 
Spent a little bit of time at the night club...the boys were too shy to dance! haha
It was an amazing trip!  Brad and I are so blessed to have the opportunity to go on such fun vacations and be with the ones that we love!  We were supposed to go home that next morning, but our flights go cancelled!  So stay tuned to read about what we ended up doing instead for TWO whole extra days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment