Friday, June 7, 2013

Make The Best Of It

If you read the post I did before this one then the last I left you with was that our flights from Florida to home had gotten cancelled.  First off...I was so nervous to get back home because I had already missed my "max" amount of days I could miss in nursing school before I start getting percentages docked off my grades.  I reallllly needed to get home.  I did some major scrambling...talking to my teachers and any kind of hook ups I might have with airline tickets.  Unfortunately almost everyones flights had been cancelled, and everyone had taken the flights already so the soonest flight we could get one was two days later...which would be Monday night for me.  I wanted to cry.  
Just to be clear, this was all taking place on saturday, so I felt so bad trying to call all my teachers and tell them that my vacation was going to be longer than I thought.  Why should they care right?  I'm on a freakin vacation! Well, luckily for me I have one teacher that got back to me pretty quickly and she firgured everything out for me.  She told me I was okay to miss ONE more day.  What a relief.  That just meant I had to go to class every single day the rest of the semester (which I did by the way :)).  
Anyways...back to the good stuff.  We were stuck, and there was not a thing in the world we could do about it.  So, my family, being the kind of family they are, decided to make it worth it.  We spent that night and the whole next day at SEA WORLD!  I had never been, and I must say...it was pretty close to being as awesome as my cruise was.  We found a great deal on tickets AND we got to see Josh Turner perform live!  How lucky are we?

DAY ONE
Only a few of us went the first day because some of our group only wanted to go for a whole day the next day.  So we only went for a half a day.  It was soooo much fun, and I couldn't wait to go back the next day!

At the dolphin show!



I had to post this only because this shows the deprivation of sleep we were under...we were all so weird! haha I love by parents!



DAY TWO
I thought the first day was fun...but having a whole day of Sea World was amazing!  I felt like a little kid again.  I loved every second of it...
Started the day out with some roller coasters and other rides!
We got soaked on Atlantis!
Atlantis
We touched sting rays!




We saw dolphins
We saw a cool 3D show about turtles and stuff
We did weird poses sometimes
We saw cool sharks
My mom is so darn cute!
At the Shamu Show



We saw Josh Turner



We at yummy food
Then we crashed!
I'm so happy that it all worked out for us to go!  We had so much fun, and made it worth it (once we got over the shock of our flights being cancelled).  Everything with school worked out...phew...even though it took me pretty much the rest of the semester to catch back up...hence, why I don't have ANY time to ever write in my blog!  Things are finally slowing down...and we're just ready for more adventures! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment