Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sweden 1/7 *Our Anniversary*

Our last day in Sweden was very relaxed.
We made sure we got all our goodies and souvenirs to bring back to the states!  Their chocolate along with Belgium's was so die for!  I'm not much of a chocolate fan, but I really liked the chocolate there!  They also really like salty black licorice.  Weird huh?  I couldn't get myself to like it!  I tried one and that was it for me!  It was pretty funny to watch Brad and I try that for the first time! 

That night we had dinner with the Palomaki's really good friends that lived in the same building as them.  It was so much fun!  They made such a yummy meal, and then after dinner we had an almond cake that had a little figure hidden in the middle of it.  They called it Galette du Roi.  It's a tradition that they do in France (Aurelie is from France, also Belgium borders France) at the beginning of the year.  The youngest person gets to decide who gets which piece of the cake while sitting under the table...which ended up being me haha!  Then whoever's piece had the figure in it is the "king" for the whole year and everyone has to do what they say for the rest of the year.  It was lots of fun and delicious! :)

Sitting under the table deciding who gets the pieces!
The little one's wanted to join me! haha
Winner!  You have the wear the crown, and the little thing in his hand is what was in the cake!
Victoria and her friend Linea playing!
Victoria is amazing at winking, so Brad was trying to get her to wink.   I only caught Brad winking like  a goof! haha  We caught her on video though...it's so funny and cute!
After the Palo's went to sleep that night we celebrated our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY with some sparking cider from Sweden!  We felt so blessed to be able to spend our anniversary in Sweden.  I can't believe that one year went by so fast!  I swear it was just yesterday that he proposed to me!  It's crazy how fast time goes by!  And of course I have to mention how amazing my husband is!  I really don't know how I got so lucky!  I am 100% myself when I am with Brad and he seriously makes me laugh everyday!  He knows me perfectly!  He loves me and loves all my flaws!  He puts up with my crazy girl moods and makes me feel important everyday!  He supports me in everything that I do, and he is my #1 support with my cystic fibrosis.  I don't think I could have found anyone else in this whole world that would accept that piece of me and I seriously couldn't be more grateful!  He makes me want to do my treatments and take my pills so I can have that extra time in my life to spend with him!  He encourages me to be a better person and wants me to succeed in everything that I do!  He is so thoughtful, loving, kind, genuine, outgoing, handsome, selfless, hardworking, smart and so much more!  I could go on and on!  Getting married to him was the best decision I ever made!  I am healthier, stronger, and happier with him.  I wouldn't want my life any other way.
I love you Bradley!
One year! <3
Our yummy Swedish sparkling cider!

No comments:

Post a Comment