Sunday, February 3, 2013

Brussels, Belgium 1/4

We finally had made it to Belgium!
I was so excited, but I can't even describe Brad's feelings!  I can't imagine what it must have been like living there for 2 years, and then finally being back again.  Everything came back to him a lot quicker than he thought!  His french was awesome, and he got us around everywhere he wanted to.  I was very impressed!  When we first arrived we had to hurry and catch a train to get to the heart of Brussels.  This folks was my first site of Belgium...
I have been on many trains...but this one was probably by far the sketchiest one I have ever set foot on! haha Brad just laughed and said "Welcome to Belgium"!
The picture doesn't do it justice!
We got off the train and took a subway to the church that Brad attended when we was there.  We met up with some of the people he met on his mission that were waiting for us at the church.  Veronique, Jhoffer, and one of their buddies are members that we got to hang out with all day.  I was especially touched by Veronique because she was beyond excited to see Brad.  Brad had told me stories about her before, but he is way to humble to have said anything she told me!  Brad is the reason she joined the church and to hear her testimony of her conversion and how she is so grateful for Brad was so amazing!  I was literally holding back tears when she spoke of Brad.  
The church!
It was so fun to be with them all day because they knew so much history behind everything we visited! Also, because they don't know english very well so it forced Brad to speak in french all day.  I was a little bit out of the loop, but it was so good for him to catch up on his french!  It was really fun to listen to hims speak so well.  
Brussels was beautiful, even on a little rainy day.  The pictures I have seriously don't do it justice!  The buildings are huge and so old!  It was in awe all day!

Le Palais Royal
Grande Place eating some frites!  So so yummy!
L'Hotel De Ville with Veronique
La Maison du Roi
Inside Grand Place, the L'Hotel De Ville is on the left side and La Maison du Roi is on the right side!  I'm surrounded by so many tall buildings! 
Touch it for good luck!
Manneken-Pis...a very famous little tiny statue!  It made me laugh when they showed me it!

Yummy belgium waffles! 
Le Cinquantenaire
La Cathedrale St.-Michel
Eating Brad's favorite food that he was looking most forward to.  Some Mitraillette's!  
Our hotel we stayed in that night in Brussels!  We had no idea what it was going to look like or anything, and it was so fun and colorful!
Inside the main lobby!

Our room! The picture lights up and makes the whole place red!
They even had red toilet paper! haha it was so funny!
We had such a great time in Brussels!  It was so fun to come back to the hotel and just hang out for a little bit, especially because our first year anniversary was in a just a few days, and it was a perfect way to spend it!  I can't remember the number of times I thought to myself that I couldn't believe I was actually there!  I felt so blessed and so lucky! 


No comments:

Post a Comment