Sunday, February 3, 2013

Namur, Belgium 1/5

Beautiful Namur.
By far my most favorite place we were able to visit.
I don't know if it was because they were the pictures I could most remember that Brad showed me of his mission, or if it was just because Namur was so so pretty to me!

We woke up in Brussels...spent 40 euros on breakfast because we didn't realize we had to pay for it, we thought it was included in our stay...oops!  All we could do was laugh about it! Haha one of the many moments we continue to bring up and laugh about.  The most expensive cereal I have ever had in my life...that's for sure!
We then took an hour train ride to Namur.  This is the very first place Brad served when he first came to Belgium.  It was a lot different from Brussels because it wasn't as full of tourists.  Hardly anyone knew english at all, so I relied %100 on Brad to get us everywhere.  The first place he took me to was where his apartment was.
This where he lived!  Notice the nice lingerie shop?  Yep, his apartment was directly above that!  It's so weird because he told me about it so many times, and it was awesome to actually be there and see where he lived.  It didn't seem real.
We were there on a Saturday, and all the streets were full of booths for all sorts of stuff.  There was so many people.  Brad told me that it's only like that on Saturday's and all the other days aren't even like that!  But it was so fun to walk around!
The next place he took me was this pretty park that was super quiet when we were there!  But Brad said that it is usually chuck full of people hanging out!  It was so pretty!


The next place that we saw was another cathedral!  It's just randomly found in twisted roads, and I have no idea how Brad remembered how to get there but he did it!  
I got the exact same picture with it that Brad got on his mission!  We've been trying to get all our pictures together that we were able to take the same!  It's been really fun!

How all of the roads were!  Tall and skinny with cobblestone!  I loved it!
After that we followed a river till we got to our next place!  It was so quiet and so pretty everywhere!  It was so fun to just walk, hold hands and be in awe with everything I saw!  It was cool because Brad told me that whenever he would walk this he always thought how cool it would be to have his future wife with him and walk along this river...and there I was! :)  It was so fun for me!
The River we walked by on the cobblestone behind Brad!
We finally got to the coolest part of Namur!  Brad called it a citadelle.  The best way he described it to me was it is like a fortress.  It was a big war site because there was two big rivers that ran along side it and then came together in front of it so they had a lot of control over what came through the rivers.  It is beyond massive!  There are tons of tunnels and draw bridges and all sorts of fun stuff.  It was crazy to think that people really fought wars there!  We had the opportunity to walk through it!  It was difficult to get a good picture of all of it because it's so big and full of trees and stuff, but the view from on top of it is so amazing!
The view from the citadelle
Another view from it!
walking up it!  
Places for guns!  I made Brad pretend he was shooting out of them!
When we were going back down it Brad said he knew of a different way to get down.  It had changed a little bit because we were going down way steep, sketchy, muddy hills and holding onto fences to we didn't fall haha!  It was so funny!  We had gone so far already that we just had to keep going...and once again, all we could do it about it is just laugh!
When we finished with our little adventure we were starving and Brad knew just the place he wanted to take me...to another place we could get a mitraillette!  He was obsessed to say the least!  But they were good so i didn't complain!  They were also massive! haha


Namur was my favorite like I said before!  We had a ton of laughs and I really tried to imagine what it must have been like for Brad being there on his mission!  I can't even imagine how it was!  It is still hard for me to think that he was there!  We are once again SO blessed to have been able to go there!

No comments:

Post a Comment