Thursday, February 14, 2013

Liege, Belgium 1/6

Our last day was spent in Liege.
We stayed with the Foniciello's on Saturday night after we were done exploring Namur.
It was about a hour train ride from Namur to Liege.
The Foniciello family was so nice to us, and made us feel right at home!  I was so lucky to be able to spend time with some members that Brad was able to get to know on his mission!
On Sunday we went to the church in Liege that Brad attended!  It was so fun because I got to meet so many people!  Brad was a little nervous that people wouldn't remember him as well as he remembered everyone else, but everyone was so excited to see him!  Hardly anyone spoke english so Brad had to translate everything for me!
Aurelie, Michael and Brad all bore their testimonies, and the spirit was seriously so strong there!  Every one of them made me cry a little (I had a translator).  I can see why Brad and Michael together were such powerful missionaries!  It was a really cool experience for me.
She fell asleep on Brad during church!  It was so cute!


Standing in front of the church!  Brad has this exact picture from his mission!
A few of the people that I had the opportunity to meet!  
I loved that even though I was an ocean and countries away from Utah, the church remained the same.  Although it was all in a different language, the spirit was felt there, and all the same things were taught! I loved it!  I am so grateful for the church and all the happiness it has brought me in my life!

Have I mentioned it enough that Victoria loved Brad?  
After church we went back to the Foniciello's for some dinner!  It was delicious!  Then we had to drive back to Brussels to catch our plane back to Sweden! 

In the airport!  She had so much fun on Brad's shoulders!
Our stay in Belgium flew by!  It was short but sweet!  I felt to lucky to be able to go back to Brad's mission and meet all the amazing people that he had the opportunity of teaching.  I have a greater appreciation for my husband and his service as a missionary!  It is so fun to look at his pictures now because I view them differently because i have actually been there.  It's amazing to me, it really is! And we wouldn't have been able to do any of that if it weren't for the Palomaki's.  They are one amazing family!  We will forever be indebted to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment