Saturday, January 12, 2013

Copenhagen 1/2

To get to Copenhagen, Denmark it was only about a 45 minute drive there.  It was a fun drive because we had to go over a really long bridge that goes over a man made island and then we go under the water and then you're in Copenhagen.  
It is a gorgeous city!  We definitely weren't able to fit in everything in just one day, but I was so happy with everything we were able to see!  Mostly I just have pictures!  My words wont be able to describe it as well as my pictures do :)

The Copenhagen, Denmark Temple!  Blends right in with everything else!  It's really pretty!





Where we ate lunch!  Yummy!
Non alcoholic beer...they liked it but I sure didn't ha 
There are so many bikes EVERYWHERE! 
This is the original of the copy that is in SLC.  I had no idea there was even an original somewhere!  It was really cool to see!


The longest pedestrian street in the world! 




My favorite picture and place!  It was amazing here!



Royalty stopped traffic and came by.
The Little Mermaid!  People travel from all over just to see this!  
Kristina.  This is really cool because it's a representation of all the LDS members that left to go to Utah.  This is right where all the boats came and ported.  Not a lot of people know about it so it was awesome to see!  Michael told me that my ancestors that lived in Sweden more then likely came to this very port to go to America!  It was really personal to me.
The explanation of the statue.  It talks about the strength and courage of the mormons that crossed the plains and made it to Utah.  I feel so lucky and blessed to be so fortunate in these days.  They all made it so easy for us.  Thanks great grandma and grandpa Larsson for being so brave.
The cobble stone below it has members names engraved in them.  I tried finding any familiar ones, but there was so many it was hard.

Where the boats came to port.
Sorry that it was so long!  I had to pick and choose from all my pictures...there are still so many more that I took!  We had such a fun time in Copenhagen.  The whole time Brad and I just kept talking about how blessed we felt!  It was so fun to be there especially with Michael and Aurelie!

No comments:

Post a Comment